A trade mark can be a valuable asset in building the profitability and goodwill of your
Procedure for Trademark Application under the new Act namely The Trade Mark Act, 1999.
- A search is conducted at the Trademark Registry in respect to mark sought to ascertainwhether the same could be registered.
- Drafting and filing the Trademark Application duly signed by the Applicant.
- Attending and Replying to the official objections if any.
- Attending Hearing in the matter if posted by the Department.
- Publication of the mark in the Trademark Journal and forwarding the copy ofpublication to Applicant.
- Obtaining a certificate of registration in absence of third party oppositions.
Copyright registration can be carried out of the following under the Copyright Act, 1957:
- Logo / Monogram
- Book / Study Notes / Text or Literary Material
- Computer Software
- Drawings of any Machine Parts
- Web site, Web Contents, Home Page.
Procedure for Copyright Application of Artistic Work/ Logo/ Packing Materials for Manufacturing Industries:
- To apply and obtain a search certificate which ascertains whether any logo are on record which is similar to the artistic work (Logo)
- Drafting Power of Attorney on the required stamp paper.
- Applying for Copyright Registration, in case search is cleared.
- Attending to Official objections if any.
- Receiving Registration Certificate after 15 months.
Procedure for Copyright Application in case of Logo / Monogram Service Industries (or)
Software / Home Page / Web Content / Book / Any Literary Material:
- Drafting & filing application along with requisite enclosures.
- Following up with department and attending to objections if any.
- Receiving Registration Certificate after 12 months.
Procedure for Trademark Application:
1. A search is conducted at the Trademark Registry in respect to mark sought to
ascertain whether the same could be registered.
2. Drafting and filing the Trademark Application duly signed by the Applicant.
3. Attending and Replying to the official objections if any.
4. Attending Hearing in the matter if posted any by the Department.
5. Publication of the mark in the Trademark Journal and forwarding the copy of
publication to Applicant.
6. Obtaining a certificate of registration in absence of third party oppositions.
Time Period: Application procedure takes about 30 days time after which you can
start using ‘TM’ in case of you deal in goods and ‘SM’ in case of you deal is services.
Registration certificate will be received after about 2 Years.(Approximately).
Trademark Application : 10,000/-
1) Rs.3,500/- Initially at the time of search.
2) Rs.6,500/- after the search and at the time of signing
Note:- The above charges are in respect of registrations in normal course. The above
charges do not include oppositions from third party if any.
Ask for quotation.